Poch would prefer not to lose players to internationals

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino would prefer not to send his players on international duty if he had the choice. Spurs are battling their way through a hectic run of five games in 13 days, culminating in Saturday’s Premier League trip to Crystal Palace. They have had to do it with a lengthy injury list, which …

‘Exceptional’ Man United target discusses £30m rumours

Everton Soares has spoken out over rumours linking him with a £30m move to Manchester United. Reports from last week suggested that United were tracking the progress of Gremio forward Everton, who has been impressing in Brazil. United are said to be considering a potential bid for the player, who has been valued at around …

England midfielder Cook ruled out for six to nine months

Bournemouth’s England midfielder Lewis Cook will be sidelined for six to nine months with a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament, the club have announced. The 21-year-old suffered the serious knee injury during the 2-1 Premier League victory over Huddersfield on Tuesday. Cook was assessed by the club’s medical staff after the game and further assessment and …

Warnock keen to follow Redknapp into ‘I’m a Celebrity’ jungle

Neil Warnock has revealed he could follow Harry Redknapp into the Australian jungle on ‘I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!’ The Cardiff boss says he has been watching fellow manager Redknapp on the hit ITV reality show. But Warnock feels he would have to be paid “10 times more” than other contestants because his …

Arnautovic responds to Chelsea, Everton, Man United links

Marko Arnautovic would not be drawn on his West Ham future after Austria’s Nations League win against Northern Ireland on Sunday. There have been reports recently that the 29-year-old is ready to leave the Hammers in order to pursue his dream of playing in the Champions League. Said reports were pretty much instigated by his …

Reports claim Messi, Ronaldo not in Ballon d’Or top three

Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have not made the top three in the Ballon d’Or this season, according to reports in France and Italy. The 30-man shortlist, which was announced last month, was dominated by Champions League winners Real Madrid, who had eight players nominated. Superstars Ronaldo and Messi were both included, but Tuttosport and Corriere …

Report: Pep signed City deal four months before announcement

Pep Guardiola agreed to sign for Manchester City four months before the deal was made official, according to reports. The former Barcelona coach has been a huge success since he swapped Bayern Munich for City with a Carabao Cup win and Premier League title to show for his first two seasons in charge. The Citizens …

Christian Pulisic is being written out of the Dortmund story…

It can’t have made for easy watching. Borussia Dortmund’s yellow submarine had puffed and labored through a sterile 45 minutes against a Monaco side that had come to preserve rather than create, not much more than a shadow of the side that had zipped through to the Champions League’s last four a year and some …

Warnock names one thing about football he ‘detests’

Neil Warnock says he detests the way Fulham handled the simultaneous sacking of Slavisa Jokanovic and appointment of Claudio Ranieri. Fulham chairman Shahid Khan announced on the club’s website last week that Jokanovic had been sacked and replaced by Ranieri, who memorably led Leicester to the Premier League title in 2016. Khan said Fulham had …